Tax Considerations When Dividing Property in Divorce

Divorce can bring countless issues to the surface, the most prominent being the question how to properly divide finances. While two people who are in the midst of putting an end to the marriage aren’t likely to discuss all aspects before moving forward, taking the time to figure out finances could not be more important. One of the most important issues to discuss is the division of marital assets. If you and your spouse have agreed to a divorce, you are required to disclose all property, so it can be properly distributed to whom it is rightfully entitled to.

If these precautions are not taken, you may be susceptible to errors which can lead to accusations of fraud. In order to prevent this from happening and making sure you aren’t accused of trying to hide assets, you must make certain you are being advised by a top Palm Harbor divorce lawyer as well as a financial expert, such as a CPA. Taxes are handled quite differently if you are married versus if you are single, so it is crucial you emerge from your divorce as economically sound as possible, while minimizing expenses anywhere possible.

Contact Our Palm Harbor Divorce Lawyers Today

When it comes to divorce, finances can become very complicated, very quickly. It’s best to have the peace of mind your questions and concerns are being met with answers from experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled Palm Harbor divorce lawyers--such as ours at K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. The emotional aspects of divorce can be overwhelming enough, without the added pressure of trying to accurately figure out your taxes and finances. This is why we are here to help. Our legal team is more than willing to walk you through this process for as much and as long as you need us.

Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (727) 939-6113.

Related Posts
  • How Do You Know When You’re Ready to Start Dating Again After a Divorce? Read More
  • 5 Steps to Move Forward After Gray Divorce Read More
  • Can I Get Divorced in Florida Without a Lawyer? Read More