We at K. Dean Kantaras P.A. are thinking of you and your families in these uncertain times and we want you to know that the health and safety of our clients and our surrounding communities is extremely important to us. We are closely monitoring the current situation related to COVID-19 and we want to be here to assist you in any way that we can. Stay safe and healthy!
U-Visas Expert Legal Guidance You Can Trust

Palm Harbor U Visa Attorneys

Immigration Options for Victims of Criminal Activity

The U Visa is a nonimmigrant visa which is set aside for victims of crimes (and their immediate family members) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse and are willing to assist law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. If you have been the victim of a crime, or an immediate family member has been the victim of a crime, and a police report has been filed with the local authorities, you may be eligible for a U Visa application.

To learn more, contact the Palm Harbor U Visa attorneys at K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. We represent clients throughout Florida and from across the United States in a variety of immigration law matters. We are prepared to help you fully understand all of your legal rights and options afforded to you by U.S. law.

Call (727) 939-6113 or contact us online to request a consultation with an attorney at our firm.

How to Apply for a U Visa

The first step in the U Visa application process is known as “certification,” which requires a law enforcement officer in the appropriate jurisdiction to certify that a crime did take place, and that you—as the victim—were helpful in the investigation. After certification, you may be eligible to file an application for a U Visa.

Once certified, to apply for a U Visa, you will need to do the following:

  • Submit the completed Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status
  • With your completed Form I-918, submit evidence of eligibility:
    • Complete a personal statement regarding the crime and how it has affected you
    • Submit official certification by having an authorized law enforcement official sign the Form I-918 Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification

Our Palm Harbor U Visa attorneys can assist you in this process. Our team is experienced in working with local law enforcement in order to establish your eligibility and secure certification on your behalf. We can also assist you with the application itself and ensure that there are no errors, which could result in costly delays and application denial.

Reach out to us today for a consultation. Call (727) 939-6113 to get started. We also represent clients in Clearwater.

Client Testimonials

  • W.R.

    The accommodations and understanding are greatly appreciated.

  • Past Client

    The strategic advanced work along with your tactical execution was key to the high-level settlement

  • S.J.

    Thanks to Dean and his office, my husband was able to get 100% custody of his son

  • E.B

    I just want to say that I'm very grateful for everything

  • E.C.

    A true professional and amazing attorney

  • R.R.

    Thank you for everything, no one responds as fast as you

  • E.B.

    My attorney did an unbelievably awesome job today

  • T.B.

    I highly regard (and rely upon) your guidance and support along the way

  • T.J.J.

    Awesome family law attorney's with prompt service

  • C.M.

    Best decision I could have made when I retained this firm

Why Choose Us?

  • Several Decades of Experience on Your Side
  • Top Rating for Ethics & Skill of AV Preeminent®
  • Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
  • Selection for Florida Super Lawyers® - Top 5%

Awarded & Recognized