Palm Harbor Divorce Lawyer
Divorce Attorney Serving Clearwater and Palm Harbor
Are you considering filing for divorce in Florida? Contact K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. for divorce advice on what you can expect and how you can be prepared. With four decades of combined experience, our Clearwater divorce lawyer can resolve divorce inside and outside of court. With knowledge of Florida family law our attorney can pursue agreements and settlements with your best interests in mind.
Contact us now to schedule a consultation!
Why Choose a Clearwater Divorce Attorney?
- Florida Super Lawyers®– Ranked Among the Top 5% of Florida Attorneys
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys – American Institute of Family Law Attorneys™
- AV Preeminent® Rating for Legal Excellence & Ethical Standards
- K. Dean Kantaras is a Board Certified Specialist in Florida Marital and Family Law – True of Less than 1% of All Florida Attorneys
Contact K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. to speak with an experienced Clearwater and Palm Habor divorce lawyer.
Types of Divorce in Florida
Divorce varies from state-to-state. At K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. our Palm Harbor divorce lawyers can help you with all types of divorces in Florida.
- Collaborative Divorce – You and your spouse agree to avoid court, voluntarily cooperating to reach an agreement without the interference of a judge.
- Contested Divorce – You and your spouse head to court where a judge listens to both sides and decides the case, issuing a court order.
- Uncontested Divorce – You and your spouse agree to all terms and present a signed agreement to the court for approval.
- High Asset Divorce - Divorce that involves intricate finances and high net worth marital estates.
- Divorce Mediation – A third party (the mediator) facilitates negotiations to avoid a court hearing.
Filing for Divorce in Florida
In Florida, the official term for divorce is a dissolution of marriage. You or your spouse must live in Florida for six months before you can petition here for a divorce. Florida has a no-fault divorce law, which means that neither spouse is required to state grounds for divorce or to prove that the other has done anything wrong. Instead, either spouse can file for divorce solely on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. There are then two main ways to file for divorce.
In a simplified divorce:
- Both spouses agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken.
- No dependent children are involved.
- Both spouses sign a joint petition for dissolution in county court.
- The partners decide how to divide their shared property.
If there are dependent children involved in your divorce, you can still pursue an uncontested or collaborative divorce, but you cannot go through the simplified court process detailed above.
In a regular divorce:
- One spouse files a petition for dissolution of marriage.
- The other must file an answer within 20 days.
Contact a Clearwater Divorce Lawyer Today
In divorce, remember you and your spouse must also resolve difficult questions about child custody, asset division, and alimony, which can be done either inside or outside of court. An experienced divorce attorney from our firm can help you navigate either divorce process, helping you to protect your loved ones, your rights, and your interests at every step of the way.
Call a Clearwater divorce lawyer from K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. We serve all
Call (727) 939-6113 to schedule a consultation.
Divorce Appeals in Florida
Under certain circumstances, a party who disagrees with the court’s decision has a right to appeal.
The requirements for appealing a divorce decree in Florida are:
- The determination must be final.
- The appeal must be brought within a timely basis.
Our Clearwater divorce lawyers have specific training and experience to draft detailed appellate briefs and to make cogent, compelling arguments in appellate court. As a Board-Certified marital law attorney, K. Dean Kantaras is up to the task.
Skilled Divorce Representation for Clearwater, Palm Harbor & All Florida
You can find the talented, compassionate, and ardent legal representation you need for your divorce at K. Dean Kantaras, P.A. From a pre-filing consultation all the way through a trial or even appeal if necessary, we can provide the counsel and advocacy you need for every step of the way.
Contact us to learn more during a consultation.
Talk to a Clearwater divorce attorney today.
Several Decades of Experience on Your Side
Top Rating for Ethics & Skill of AV Preeminent®
Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Selection for Florida Super Lawyers® - Top 5%